A project for 2018


Three years ago I decided to make a doll's house for Taylor. I insisted on going to buy the wood and get it cut the morning that I made the decision, and then, rather typically, it was packed away and no more was done.

This Christmas, Greg challenged me to get it finished, which transformed it into the 'Great 2018 Dollhouse Project', and in a second transformation, I decided that Taylor might be too old for it but that I probably am not.

One of the great things about creating a world in miniature, is that it makes you look at the things around you with completely different eyes. I am assessing everything that I see to determine its convertibility into furniture and fittings.

Greg helped me to cut out the windows yesterday, so now I am planning paint colours, wall and floor finishes and which rooms should be what.

I'm planning a laboratory in the attic, and thinking of a shop as part of the ground floor.

It is 1:12 scale, so the adult people will be between 12 and 15cm high, and everything from tinned food to chairs and potplants will have to be in the correct proportions.

I'm trawling Pinterest, and any suggestions will be most gratefully received!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

signs on the way

the writer formerly known as...

Like faded flowers, thrown away: Steve Biko and the Boer women