Treasure trove



If you are into searching for hidden treasures, then the Milnerton flea market is the place to be on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. We are looking for some fittings for our antique toilet cistern, and the weather was lovely so we decided to go for a stroll.

assegai, anyone?
I was wondering how many steps we had taken as we meandered down one side of the large area and up the other, but my fitness app thinks I was riding a bicycle for the 51 minutes we were there, and recorded 8.65km. As a by-product of its confusion, I am now seriously worried about what I look like when I walk. Do I stomp? Do I glide? Do I sway from side to side?

The people who visit the flea market are as varied as the junk treasures on display. Sadly I did not get a picture of the woman whose unique style of ice cream eating should really have been recorded. Most people - I am sure - eat an ice cream cone by licking it. This woman stuck her tongue out in a way that would made her the star of any New Zealand team doing the haka. Then she wiped the ice cream all over her tongue before curling it up into her mouth. And repeat.


don't be so distracted by the guy on the right that you miss the doglet in the bag

And, best of all, there was an organ grinder!

Comments

Molly said…
Ah, I was going to go yesterday. But didn't. I miss the Milnerton Market, we used to be regulars when we were still in Obs.
Glad to see you back here!

Popular posts from this blog

signs on the way

the writer formerly known as...

Like faded flowers, thrown away: Steve Biko and the Boer women